Sunday, December 27, 2009

Boxing Day!!!

I had the best Boxing Day ever yesterday!!! If you are American, you might not know much about boxing day. It's basically Canada's version of American Black Friday, where all the stores get rid of their old merchandise to make way for the spring fashions.

Here is what I bought:



I got these legging jeans at Sirens for only $10! I was really happy to find them, because I've been looking for a pair of black skinny jeans forever, plus you can wear them with almost anything.



I got this beret from American Apparel for $25. A bit pricey, but it looks nice with my new bangs.



I bought this top at Aritzia for $15. It's so comfortable!!!



I got this top at Aritzia for $25. It's also pretty comfy.



I got this scarf at Old Navy for only $3!!!!!!!!



I bought this turtleneck at Eddie Bauer for $15. I usually don't shop at Eddie Bauer, but I really needed a black turtleneck and that was the only place I could find one that I liked.



This cardigan, I bought at Reitmans for $20. I've been wanting a long-sleeved black cardigan for a while, and this one's perfect.



The sweater I got for Christmas was too small for me and totally not my color (it was pale orange), so this is the one I exchanged it for.


So, that's what I bought on Boxing Day. If you're wondering why everything is either grey or black (no I have not gone goth), it is because for Christmas, I got a book called What Would Audrey Do?. This book was kind of a biography/etiquette book about Audrey Hepburn, which talked a lot about how Audrey Hepburn was a style icon because she loved simple, classic, comfortable clothes, especially in black. So right now, I'm really into grey, black, and white, especially heather grey. It's hard to tell, but all the grey pieces of clothing are the same really beautiful shade of heather grey. This was definitely a good boxing day, since I got some really key wardrobe pieces that I can build on.

6 comments: